Great Local service with no added Fees, 1 free Bulk Item per Month
Service includes: Once a week pick up at the curb. We provide one 96 gal can at no charge. In addition to our 96 gal container, you are allowed to sit out another two 33 gal cans. You are also allowed to sit out 1 large item* free of charge each month just as long as you call the item into the office before your pick-up day. Please see the Bulk item section below for additional information. A second can is available at an additional charge.
Per Jefferson County Ordinance, Yard waste can not be mixed with regular trash. See the yard waste service section for more information regarding our yard waste removal service.
Service includes: Once a week pick up and includes our 96 gal container, no additional cans or bags. You are also allowed to sit out 1 large item*
BACK DOOR SERVICE
Hometown Hauling offers back door service for elderly or disabled customers. For an extra fee, our drivers will come up to your house and retrieve your can. Service is limited to one 96 gallon can. Hometown Hauling reserves the right to refuse backdoor service on certain roads which are too busy or congested due to safety issues. Call the office for more information.
BULK ITEM PICKUP
Call at least a day in advance when it is needed. Examples: sofa, chair, table, washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, grill… etc. Large items are not taken while on Holiday schedule.
Mattresses/Box Springs need to be individually wrapped in plastic and sealed with tape.
We are no longer picking up TVs due to the landfills refusal to take them. Please call 311 for more information regarding Television disposal.
Optional Additional Services:
YARD WASTE SERVICE
Service includes once a week
We can accept leaves, grass clippings, sticks, & weeds in either cans or paper lawn waste bags.
Sticks/limbs must be cut down into
All sticks not in cans or bags must be bundled together and not exceed a weight of 40 pounds.
A 33 gal personal container is equivalent to 2 bags
We ask that personal containers not weigh more than 40 pounds when filled.
We have two seasons. Spring Yard Waste is April-July, and Fall Yard Waste is August thru the first week of December.
Containers to hold yard waste include paper lawn bags and compostable bags, personal
Hometown Hauling offers residential customers a convenient, comprehensive recycling program to
enhance the recycling effort and reduce the amount of material sent to the landfill.
Residents can recycle the following:
- Glass Bottles & Jars (all colors)
- Metal Cans: Aluminum cans, steel cans and lids, empty aerosol cans with the lids and tips removed
- Plastic Bottles (empty, crush, reattach lid) Bottles and jugs that have a small mouth and wider base, such as
milk jugs, soda bottles, laundry detergent bottles, water bottles, shampoo bottles and
contact solution bottles
- Paper: newspaper, magazines, cardboard, mixed office paper and envelopes, paperboard (cereal
boxes), pizza boxes free of food debris and grease, telephone books and catalogs
- Cartons: food and beverage cartons, such as milk, juice, soup, wine, broth and other cartons
- Mix all items together – no separation required
- Empty all bottles, jugs and cans
- No need to remove labels
- For plastic bottles, empty, crush and reattach lids
- For cartons, remove plastic caps and straws
- NEVER place medical sharps or needles in the recycling
- DON’T use plastic bags
NOT for Recycling
- No plastic bags, cassette tapes, bed sheets, hangers, metal chains, garden hoses, batteries,
needles, syringes, electronics, polystyrene foam, buckets, butter tubs, car parts, food, yard waste, light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, pots, pans, and scrap metal.